Stabilizer Strap Recommendation for Use with Swagman Bike Rack
I recently purchased a Swagman original 4 bike rack for the back of my fifth wheel before I found out about etrailer. My rack did not come with the strap that can be used to help further secure the rack to the hitch like you show in the video about this rack. Is the Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap - Bike Rack Strap with Cambuckle the strap that is used for this?
asked by: Nathan T
The Curt Stabilizer strap part # 18050 is designed for stabilizing bike racks like your Swagman Original. Most hitches don't require the strap but if you have a Curt hitch you most likely have to use this strap to be compliant with the hitch warranty.
I attached a demo video for the strap as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Is Stabilizing Strap Needed For Curt Hitch C13206 or Will Clamp be Okay
- Solution for Having to Use a Hitch Stabilizer Strap on a 2012 Honda Fit Sport with Spoiler
- Trailer Hitch Receiver & Wiring Recommendation For 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport
- How to Carry 4 Bikes With a 2016 Chevy Cruze
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver for a 2018 Subaru Outback Wagon with Maximum Bumper Clearance
- Does Curt Still Require Using Stabilizing Straps with Their Trailer Hitches
- How to Avoid Spoiler Contact When Installing the Support Strap # 18050 on a 2017 Volkswagen Golf
- Hitch Receiver Options for a Thule T2 Platform Rack on 2001 Lexus LS 430
- Should I Use Bike Rack Stabilizing Strap on my Subaru Outback
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2013 Chevy Camaro LT
- How Many Straps Do I Need to Secure My Yakima Big Horn to My 1993 Honda Accord
- Comparing Curt and Draw-Tite Class II Trailer Hitch Receivers For a 2006 Subaru Forester
- Why Does Curt Require Support Straps on their Hitch Receivers
- Trailer Hitch Option for a 2017 Chevy Bolt
- Where to Connect Curt Stabilizer Strap When Using with a Camper
- Using the Curt Stabilizing Strap on a 2013 BMW X1's Bike Rack
- Do I Need the Curt Stabilizing Strap on My Class III Curt Hitch?
- Where to Attach Stabilizer Strap for a Trailer Hitch Mount Bike Rack on a 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser
- Can the Curt Stabilization Strap Be Used on a 2010 Honda Civic Si with Rear Spoiler
- Why Does Curt Require Stabilizing Strap While Hidden Hitch and Draw-Tite Do Not
- Using Curt Bike Rack Strap Part # 18050 to Help with Bike Rack Bounce on a 2010 Mazda 5
- Is the Curt Stabilizing Strap # 18050 Required With Curt Class II Hitch # C12097
- Dimensions of Curt Support Strap with Cambuckle for Bike Racks and Cargo Carriers
- Can the Curt Stabilizer Strap Be Attached Lower to Accommodate Glass Hatchbacks
- Longest Wheelbase Bike That Fits Curt 2-Bike Rack C18085
- Using a Hollywood Racks 1450E with a 5th Wheel RV
- Is Stabilizing Strap Required for Curt Hitch on 2017 Toyota Prius
- Why Does Curt Require a Stabilizer Strap But Hidden Hitch Doesn't
- How Long is the Curt Stabilization Strap 18050
- Recommended Support Strap for a Cargo Carrier