Lock Options for SportRack Upshift Deluxe Roof-Rack-Mount Bike Carrier
I see where the bike can be locked to the bike carrier. But can the carrier be locked to the roof rail?
asked by: Sam F
The SportRack Upshift Deluxe roof-rack-mount bike carrier does not have a built-in lock mechanism to secure it to your roof rack, but it does have a lock for your loaded bike. If you prefer a bike carrier with both bike and rack locks you can use the linked page to see all options.
You also have the option of adding a cable lock like 15-foot # FCLK150100 or 10-foot # e98891 to the Upshift Deluxe which you could simply run through the bike wheels and frame to secure these to the roof rack.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Single Bike Rack for a Tern HSD P9 Bike With Fenders
- Q&A: What is Benefit to Stretchiness of Front Runner Stretch Cargo Strap
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Q&A: How To Prevent Theft Of Your B&W 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Which Hitches are Made in the USA
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Secure Portable Generator to Trailer A-Frame
- Q&A: Cable Lock Recommendation for a Kuat Beta 2.0 Bike Rack
- Q&A: Comparing Gen-Y Torsion Cushioned Ball Mount and Curt Rebellion XD
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for RVers & Campers
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: 2023 Holiday Must Haves
- Article: How Much Solar Power Do I Need For My RV?