bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Powered Roof Fan that Opens Via Remote or Switch


I would like to covert my hengs power roof fan to one that opens via remote or switch instead of hank crank . Is there a conversion kit or do I need to change the whole unit?


Expert Reply:

To do this, you will need to change out the entire assembly.

I recommend the Ventline # V2119-1-533. This powered system requires a 14-1/4 X 14-1/4 inch rough opening. This vent's powered, 12-volt fan and dome lift provide great ventilating of motor homes. Fan and wedge-shaped, plastic vent cover are operated from a remote wall switch which is included.

Another really neat roof vent is the Fan-Tastic Vent # FV807350. This fan is a thermostat-controlled fan and even has a rain sensor so the dome on the fan closes automatically. The fan has a remote and features 26 settings so you can control the airflow to just the level you want. It has a reversible fan that operates to either send air out or it can be used as in input fan. The rough opening for this fan is 14-1/4 inches x 14-1/4 inches and this fan comes with the garnish used on the inside of your trailer.

I also recommend the Ventline Installation Kit # 344270KITW. This kit includes the screws needed to install the vent I mentioned, it also includes caulk and tape to provide a waterproof seal.

I have linked both products to this page for your purchasing convenience.

expert reply by:
Jackie C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>