Trailer Hitch Adapter For 2016 Honda Odyssey To USe 2-Inch Bike Rack In 1-1/4 Inch Receiver
I had a 1 1/4 inch hitch installed on my 2016 Honda Odyssey. I am borrowing my sisters Thule bike rack that is for a 2 inch hitch. I need to purchase an adapter. What is the difference between the 6 inch and 10 inch receivers?? Thank you for your assistance!
asked by: Kim D
When you use an adapter in a trailer hitch it decreases the capacity of the trailer hitch by 50 percent. Also, a 1-1/4 inch trailer hitch will only allow you to be able to carry 2 bikes.
If you are carrying 2 bikes on your vehicle I recommend part # HTAD. This measures 7-1/4 inches from the hitch pin hole on the trailer hitch to the pin hole on the adapter.
The difference between the 6-inch and 10-inch adapters is the distance from the center of the hitch pin hole on the trailer hitch and the center of the pin hole on the adapter.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Availability Of Adapter To Go From 1-1/4" Hitch To A 2" Hitch
- A 1-1/4 Inch to 2 Inch Adapter That Will Fit on a Class I Trailer Hitch
- Is There a 2" Receiver For a 2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Adapter that Fits 1-1/4 inch Hitch and Provides 2 inch Hitch Opening
- Recommended Anti-Rattle Device for 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Adapter
- What Adapter Do You Recommend for Making a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Take a 2-Inch Accessory?
- Choosing a Class II Ball Mount with the Correct Rise and Drop on 2004 Subaru Outback Wagon
- Trailer Hitch Adapter To Use With 1-1/4 Inch Receiver On 2011 Honda Accord
- Can a Hitch Adapter be Used to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Hitch to 2 Inch Hitch on 2006 Ford Taurus
- Availability Of An Anti-Rattle Device for Use With A 1-1/4 Inch To 2 Inch Hitch Expander
- Availability of Trailer Hitch with 2 Inch Receiver for 2013 Lexus GS 350
- Availability of 1-1/4 Inch Ball Mount with 7-1/2 Inch Rise
- Availability of Adapter to go From 1-1/4 inch Hitch to 2 inch Hitch
- Class II Ball Mount With 3-1/2 Inch To 5 Inch Drop For Ford Explorer
- Is There an Adapter to go From 1-1/4 inch Hitch Size to 2 inch Hitch Size
- Anti-Rattle Device Recommendation for a Hitch Adapter Used on a 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Hitch Recommendation to Carry Dirt Bike with 2007 Honda Element SC
- Why Cant I Use a Class II Hitch Adapter for 1-1/4 Hitch Receiver in a Class I Hitch?
- Why is HTAD Class I to Class III Trailer Hitch Adapter Not Recommended for Towing
- Recommended Adapter to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Receiver on Curt 11482 Hitch to 2 Inch Receiver
- Why Are Hitch Adapters for 1-1/4 inch Hitch Not to Be Towed With
- Hitch Expander Dimensions for 1-1/4 Inch Subaru Factory Hitch Receiver
- What is the Gross Towing Weight and Tongue Weight Capacity of the Brophy 1-1/4 to 2 Inch Adapter
- Options for Carrying a Hitch Mount Bike Rack for 2 inch Hitches on a 1995 Honda Odyssey
- 1-1/4 inch to 2 inch Hitch Adapter that Can Fit Class I Trailer Hitch
- 1-1/4 inch to 2 inch Hitch Adapter Recommendation for a Toyota Prius
- Can a 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver be Installed on 2017 Subaru Impreza
- Can 1-1/4 Inch to 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Adapter be Used on 2002 Audi Allroad Quattro to Carry Bikes
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Adapter for Class I Hitch to a 2 Inch Receiver