bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

50mm Ball and Converting USA 4-Way on 2012 GMC Acadia to Work with a European Trailer in Europe


I moved to Europe and took my 2012 GMC Acadia with me. However this car has a 4 pin adapter and a class 3 hitch. What would I need to pull a European trailer? I am looking for a wiring adapter and a European ball.


Helpful Expert Reply:

In Europe they usually use a 50mm ball such as # EH53C-C. The wiring is a little more difficult but we can help. You can use the 4-Way wiring already on your 2012 GMC Acadia but you will need to separate out the combined turn signal and brake light circuits. For that I recommend Curt converter # C56196. Then you would just need a European vehicle side trailer connector obtained locally to match what the trailer requires. Please note that you will likely need to split the running light circuit (brown wire) to two pins on the vehicle side connector.

helpful expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>