Compatibility of 2-1/2-Inch Diameter Lunette Ring with Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo PH1
Are you sure the convert a ball PH1 needs a 3 inch opening on the lunette sp ring? Mine only has a 2.5 inch opening purposely, for smoother stop/starts. It specs out in every other way. Thanks.
asked by: Merle N
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Convert-A-Ball their Pintle Hook Combo # PH1 is specified for a 3-inch inside diameter lunette ring for proper fit on the included pintle sleeve. However, my contact at Convert-A-Ball confirmed that a lunette ring with an inner diameter of 2-1/2-inches will fit over the pintle sleeve. I went to our warehouse and measured the sleeve and its diameter is just under 1-7/8-inches.
Do be sure to use the pintle sleeve since this part's towing capacity is based on the sleeve being installed over the post; do not tow with the lunette ring directly on the post.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- What are the Dimensions of the Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo # PH1
- Recommended Pintle Hook -Ball Combo For Use With Rectangular Ball Receiver
- Hitch Mounting Plate Compatible with Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo
- Recommended Pintle Hook Hitch Ball Combo And Adjustable Height Mounting Plate For 2006 Jeep Liberty
- Pintle and Hitch Ball Combo Hook Recommendation
- Adjustable Pintle Hitch With Quick Change Balls
- Slack When Towing with Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo
- Is There Other Brand Pintle Hook 106B Can Work With
- Is it Normal for Pintle Hook Towing Setup to Make Noise When Starting/Stopping
- What Size Bolts are Used to Mount Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo # PH1
- Recommended Pintle Hook Mounting Plate for 2-1/2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver
- Pintle and All Three Hitch Ball Size Ball Mount Availability
- Replacement Shank For The Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo Part # PH1
- Adjustable 3 Ball Mount With Pintle Hitch For a 2-1/2" Receiver
- Pintle Hitch Ball Mount Rated for Over 20,000 Pounds for 2-1/2 Inch Trailer Hitch
- 2 5/16' Bolt On Pintle Hitch with the Highest Capacity
- Recommended Pintle Hitch/Hitch Ball Combination For 20,000 lbs. Towing Capacity
- Recommended Pintle Hitch Made with USA Steel
- Ball Mount with Pintle Attachment, 2 Inch Ball, and 2-5/16 Inch Ball
- Compatibility of Pro Series Adjustable Pintle Hook 63072 with Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo PH1
- Can Gen-Y Receiver Plate # 325-GH-724 be Mounted Only Using the Top 4 Holes
- What Amount of Drop is Provided by Convert-A-Ball Cushioned Pintle Mount for 2-Inch Hitches # AMPC3
- Hitch Ball Solution that Allows Use of all Three Hitch Ball Sizes
- Recommended Hitch and Pintle Setup for Use with 2" Hitch Ball on 2019 Ford F-250
- Replacement Sleeve for Convert-A-Ball Pintle Hook Combo
- Pintle Hook Multi-Ball Combo Mount for 2-1/2-Inch Hitch on 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
- Which Convert a Ball Ball Mounts Does Replacement Pintle Sleeve PS Fit
- Is there a Convert a Ball Hitch with Pintle Hook and 2 inch ball Capabilities Available?