Replacement Spindle for Premco Tandem Axle Trailer
I have a Premco 2001 Triple-l,double axle trailer,gross vehicle weight 9500. I need to find a replacement spindle.
asked by: Don G
Our main page for trailer spindles is linked for you. Since your tandem axle trailer is rated for 9500-lbs it uses either 5000-lb or 5200-lb axles.
For a 5K axle we offer # TRU57FR which uses a grease seal with an inner diameter (ID) of 2.24-inches, an inner bearing ID of 1.74-inches and an outer bearing ID of 1.25-inches.
For a 5200-lb axle we have E-Z Lube spindle # TRU37FR which has the same seal and bearing surface dimensions.
Please refer to the items' linked pages for a diagram showing these points on the spindle.
Spindles must be welded on by a trailed welder who has the required jigs to hold the spindle perfectly straight and concentric to the axle. Otherwise you will have issues with trailer tracking and tire wear.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Spindles
- Standard Spindle
- 2-1/4 Inch Diameter
- For 5000 lb Axle
- For 6000 lb Axle
- For 7000 lb Axle
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Dimensions of TRU37FR Replacement E-Z Lube Spindle
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Q&A: Removing and Replacing Trailer Spindles
- Q&A: Replacement Spindle Recommendation for Dexter # 42
- Q&A: Can Spindles be Replaced on Dexter Torflex Axle
- Q&A: Length Measurements for EZ Lube Spindle 2.25
- Q&A: How To Remove Spindles From Trailer Axle
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Q&A: Dimensions of Trailer Spindle TRU37FR
- Article: Replacing the Bearing, Races and Seals on a Trailer Hub
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Trailer Drum Brakes vs. Disc Brakes: Making the Decision