Wire Color Match to 4-Way Wiring with Epicord 7-Way Molded Trailer Plug 277-000141
I have a trailer with a 4 way connector Gr, Wh, Br and Yl, I would like to add to it separate lighting inside of an attached dog box and possible 12v outlet for charging of additional equipment. I want to confirm my understanding of what I would have coming off of the 7-Way Molded Trailer Wire Connector. It would convert as follows: Old color wiring to new color wiring, Wh = Wh, Yl = Rd, Gr = Br, Br = Gr. Blue, Black and Yellow would become Blue capped off due to no trailer brakes, Black is for powering the lighting and Blue would run my auxilary for the 12v outlet? I currently use a converter down to the 4way. Thanks in advance.
asked by: Craig G
Helpful Expert Reply:
Yes, you are correct about the install of the # 277-000141. The wiring colors you mentioned are correct except the blue wire is for brake output from a brake controller. You would want to run the black wire for both the lighting and a 12 volt auxiliary. Unless you wanted to run the same circuit on your tow vehicle up to the battery as well.
The yellow wire you mentioned is reverse light typically.
- Search Results: trailer wiring
- Search Results: trailer hitch wiring
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Q&A: 7-Way Trailer Plug Adapter or Compatibility with Lance Slide-In Truck Bed Camper
- Article: Trailer Lighting Requirements
- Article: Parts Needed to Add Electric Drum Brakes to a Trailer
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: How To Plug 1997 Lance Truck Camper Into 7-way Connector On 2016 Ford F-250
- Q&A: How to Determine Weight Capacity of Trailer Axle
- Article: Breakaway Kit Installation for Single and Dual Brake Axle Trailers
- Article: Routing the Power Wire for a Trailer Wiring Harness
- Q&A: Tips for How to Identify a Trailer Axle
- Q&A: Hub Bore Size for 6K Dexter Trailer Idler Hub Assembly
- Q&A: Recommended 7-Way Tester that is Compatible w/ Ram Factory Brake Controllers
- Q&A: Where to Install Wiring Bracket for 2022 Ford Ranger Demco Base Plate Kit