Fit and Compatibility of Curt Class III Trailer Hitch on 2010 and 2017 Subaru Forester
I purchased the Curt class III round tube receiver hitch months ago for my 2010 Forester but did not get around to installing it before I had to replace the car unexpectecly. I now have a 2017 Forester...will this hitch still work?
asked by: Sara J
I wish I could say it was but the confirmed Class III round tube trailer hitch from Curt that fits the 2017 Subaru Forester is the # C13144.
The # 13147 that you currently own fits 2009 - 2013 Subaru Forester All Models. There has since been a generation change which is why the previous hitch will not work with the newer vehicle. I recommend using this information to help you sell the current hitch you have to offset the cost of the new one.
I have linked the above mentioned products to this page for your convenience.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Trailer Hitch
- Custom Fit Hitch
- Class III
- 400 lbs TW
- 4000 lbs GTW
- 2 Inch Hitch
- Visible Cross Tube
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: How to Correct Noise from Exhaust Rattling Against a Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch that Fits 2017 Subaru Forester XT with Dual Exhaust
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2018 Subaru Forester
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: Do Trailer Tires and Wheels Need to be Balanced
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Trimming Around Heat Shield to Install Hitch on 2017 Subaru Forester
- Article: Ball Mount Basics: Weight Capacity, Class, and Size
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Does the Heat Shield of a 2015 Subaru Forester Need to Get Removed to Install Trailer Hitch
- Q&A: Is there a Longer Locking Arm for a T2 Bike Rack to Load Bikes with 29 Inch Tires
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams