Why Does Curt Hitch for 2009 Subaru Impreza Have Higher Capacity than the Vehicle
Hi, I have a 2009 2.5i Subaru Impreza and I install curt hitch. I would like some help regarding towing capacity because I wanted to buy a 8ft camper and has a weight of 1400 lbs, According to your info. on your web site that towing capacity is 2000 lbs and Im getting some figures that is not the same when I search on line and when I call my dealer. Thanks.
asked by: Edgardo A
The trailer hitches we offer have their own weight capacities that don't necessarily mean the vehicle would have the same capacity. Basically they design the hitch to fit the vehicle, test it to determine how much weight it can handle and then release a weight capacity for just the hitch.
Often times the hitches are rated higher than the vehicles they are designed for but the overall capacity would be the lowest rated component in the setup.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for a 2008 Subaru WRX 5-Door Wagon w/ Single Exhaust
- Correct Curt Hitch for 2011 Subaru Impreza Hatchback with Single Exhaust
- Which Trailer Hitch Receiver Fits A 2010 Subaru Outback Impreza Sport?
- Trailer Hitch Compatibility with a 2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for Towing Small Rental Trailer With 2008 Subaru Impreza
- Parts Needed To Tow a Trailer with a 2011 Subaru Outback Wagon Sport
- Weight of Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C11315
- Trailer Hitch Fit for 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
- Will a Trailer Hitch Fit a 2008 Subaru Impreza WRX with SPT Cat Back Exhaust Upgrade from Subaru
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2010 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport
- Trailer Hitch for 2011 Subaru Outback Impreza Sport
- Can Curt C11315 Class I Hitch Be Welded as Well As Bolted on 2011 Subaru Impreza 5 Door
- Are Hitches for the 2009 Subaru Impreza Hatchback Compatible with 2013 Impreza
- What is the Recommended Ball Mount for a 2013 Subaru Outback Wagon
- Is Rear Fascia Trimming Required to Install Curt Hitch # C11315 on a 2011 Subaru Impreza Sport
- Trailer Hitch and Wiring Recommendation for Subaru Impreza 2008 WRX Hatchback/Wagon
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2013 Subaru Impreza
- Trailer Hitch, Wiring, and a Trailer for a 2011 Subaru Outback Sport
- Trailer Hitch and Step or Ball Mount for a 2010 Subaru Outback Wagon So People Wont Park Close
- Will CURT Trailer Hitch # C11120 Fit a 2011 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with Single Exhaust
- Trailer Hitch for 2009 Subaru Outback Wagon Special Edition
- What Hitch has the Highest Ground Clearance for My 2011 Subaru Outback Wagon?
- Hitch for 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX Hatchback That Fits with Aftermarket Exhaust
- Troubleshooting Fit of Draw-Tite # 75673 on a 2011 Subaru Outback
- Recommended Trailer Hitch Receiver For 2008 Subaru Outback Wagon Sport Edition
- Lightweight Bike Rack Recommendation for 2011 Subaru Impreza
- Recommended Hitch For A 2009 Subaru Outback Wagon XT
- Recommend Platform 2 Bike Rack for 2011 Subaru Outback Wagon