Recommended 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch for 2015 Ford F-150 with Short Bed
Which fifth wheel hitch is available for a 2015 f150 crew cab with a short bed, aluminum bed
asked by: Michael W
We have a number of 5th wheel trailer hitch options available for your 2015 Ford F-150 short bed.
If you have a 5-1/2 foot bed, the best solution is to use a fixed 5th wheel hitch and use a Sidewinder pin box on the trailer. A Sidewinder pin box moves the pivot point of the trailer back 22 inches to provide the needed clearance between the cab and front of the 5th wheel to make turns.
If you have a 6-1/2 foot truck bed you need a sliding hitch. The sliding hitch is necessary for a 6-1/2 foot bed to create the clearance necessary to make sharp turns.
For your 2015 F-150, I recommend the Reese Quick-Install Custom Base Rails and Outboard Installation Kit # RP56034-53 because the outboard design of the rails offer easier access to the hardware for an easier installation.
I have attached links to all of the 5th wheel hitches and base rails available for both the 5-1/2 foot and 6-1/2 foot truck bed 2015 F-150 models.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended Base Rails For A 2018 Ford F-150 5-1/2' Bed
- Replacement Pin and Clip for Andersen Ultimate Connection 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch System
- Recommended 5th Wheel Base Rail Kit For A 2018 Ford F-150
- Reese 5th Wheel Base Rail Kit That Fits 2021 Ford F-150
- Difference Between Hitch Position When Curt and Reese Fifth Wheel Rails are Used on 2018 Ford F150
- Best Base Rail Kit for a 2018 Ford F-150 with 6-1/2 Foot Bed
- Does Reese Fifth Wheel Rail Kit RP56034-53 Fit 2022 Ford F-150 and Pro Series Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Are Reese 5th Wheel Rail Galvanic Isolators Required on 2017 F-150 with Spray-On Bed Liner
- Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch For 2018 Ford F-150 with 6-1/2 Foot Bed
- 5th Wheel Rail Placement on 2018 Ford F-150 Using Reese Install Kit # RP56034-53
- Installation Of Reese Outboard 5th Wheel Rail Kit For 2016 Ford F-150
- Air Bags That Work with 5th Wheel Hitch on 2017 Ford F-150
- Which Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Fits your 2021 Ford F-150 6-1/2 ft Bed
- Fifth Wheel Outboard Base Rail Install Kit Compatibility with Reese Round Tube Slider Base
- PullRite 2700 5th Wheel Hitch Compatibility With Reese ISR Rails In A 2017 Ford F-150 6.5' Bed
- Recommended Fifth Wheel And Sidewinder King Pin For Ford F-150
- Recommended 5th Wheel Rails and Air Bags For 2017 Ford F-150
- Can Reese Outboard Base Rails be Used with Existing Brackets on a 2015 Ford F-150
- Recommended 5th Wheel Install Kit for a 2017 Ford F-250
- Base Rails for 2015 Ford F-150 With 5 Foot 6 Inch Bed to Tow Fifth Wheel Trailer
- Reese Above The Bed Rail Kit For 2017 Ford F-150 Short Bed
- Comparing Above Bed 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch Install Kits for a 2008 Ford F-350 Long Bed
- Which Reese Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Fits 2017 Ford F-150 Short Bed
- 5th Wheel Hitch Mounting Rails for a 2021 Ford F-150 Short Bed
- Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Recommendation for 2017 Ford F-150 for Minimal Drilling and Easy Install
- Recommended Fifth Wheel Base Rail Kit For A 2019 Ford F-150
- Fifth Wheel Rail Kit Recommendation for 2017 Ford F-150 for Installing Older Reese Hitch
- Recommended Bed Rail Kit For 1998 Chevy K3500 Dually
- Will Reese Base Rail Kit # RP56034-53 Fit A 2022 Ford F-150 Hybrid