Can Yakima LoadWarrior Be Used On Top Of Basket Carrier On 1993 Jeep YJ Wrangler
Hi. I have a 93 Wrangler with an aftermarket Smittybilt cage type basket carrier with 3 cross bars. I want to mount the Yakima Loadwarrior to this rack. I also want the ability to extend this basket with the 22inch Yakima extender. Here is the question: I can adjust the crossbars to distances of 22.5inch on center for a total of about 45inch from center of front cross bar to center of rear cross bar with the center bar exactly in the middle. I can also do 21inch on center between bars for a total of 42inch between front and rear bars with center bar again exactly centered between the front and rear bars. If I purchase an extra set of brackets for a total of 6 brackets for the middle bar will the load warrior work in my application both with and without the center 22inch extension? Thanks and I hope I have made myself clear. If not please let me know and I will re-explain. I really want this basket to work as I want to use all the additional add ons tire attachment, shovel brackets, light brackets, etc.
asked by: Daun S
The Yakima LoadWarrior Roof Rack Cargo Basket, part # Y07070 requires crossbar spreads between 24 and 32-inches. Since you said your crossbars are 22-1/2 or 45-inches for the outer bars without the center bar. Based on these measurements the # Y07070 will not work without the extension.
The LoadWarrior With Extension Kit, part # Y07070-74 can be used with a crossbar spread between 30 and 50 inches. The 45-inch distance you have with your two outer bars fits within this measurement so you are good to go.
The cargo basket has a weight capacity of 196-lbs and the basket weighs 32-lbs. You want to make sure you do not exceed the roof weight capacity of your Wrangler roof.
I recommend checking out the weight capacity of the carrier and the crossbars on the carrier you currently have on the roof to see if it can handle the weight of the LoadWarrior and any weight placed in the carrier. These weight of these items adds up fast and you don't want to damage the roof or the items you want to carry.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Roof Basket
- Cargo Basket
- Factory Bars
- Round Bars
- Square Bars
- Long Length
- Large Capacity
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Roof Cargo Basket Recommendation for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Q&A: Comparing the Yakima LoadWarrior and Thule Canyon XT Roof Baskets for a 2017 Toyota 4Runner
- Q&A: Can Yakima SlimShady Roll-Out Awning Y07409 Attach to MegaWarrior Rooftop Cargo Basket
- Q&A: Does the Yakima LoadWarrior Come with Mounting Hardware to Attach to Crossbars
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Q&A: Will the Yakima LoadWarrior Fit Thule AeroBlade Load Bars
- Q&A: How to Mount Awning on Yakima LoadWarrior on 2022 Toyota 4Runner
- Article: Basics of Cargo Nets and Tarps
- Q&A: How to Get a Replacement Strap Buckle for a Yakima OnRamp Bike Rack
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Strap a Bike To a Roof Rack
- Article: How to Use a Roof Rack (Like a Boss)