bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

What Type of Bolt Is Used on End Caps of Thule Bike Rack


The end caps look like a Allen wrench could be used to remove the cap but they have a rivet type thing in the center preventing a star or allen from entry . Any suggestions on removing these ?


Expert Reply:

What you are describing is a Torx security bolt. The center section is put in there so you can't just use a screwdriver to remove the bolt. Thule sells the needed tool as part # 853-3496.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>