Trailer Wiring Harness Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Highlander Limited
I just bought a 2015 Toyota Highlander, Limited Edition its loaded!. It does NOT have any tow bar on it at present. I am towing a small, simple trailer with no braking system on its wheels. So I assume I need one of your Wiring Harnesses with the black converter module? Is that true? Looks like there are two choices close in price....one with your logo and a Curt. How should I choose?
asked by: David M
Helpful Expert Reply:
For your 2015 Toyota Highlander the Tekonsha Trailer Wiring Harness part # 118449 is the kit we recommend because this brand has a reputation as being more reliable than Curt generally speaking.
It isn't and etrailer.com brand harness either. We put our stickers on our products to help prevent other companies from stealing our pictures.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Installing 7-way Blade Trailer Connector on 2013 Toyota Highlander
- Q&A: How To Determine if the 2018 Toyota Highlander Has A Tow Package For Trailer Wiring
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2018 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: How To Tell If 2015 Toyota Highlander Came With Tow Package For Trailer Wiring Harness
- Q&A: How to Determine if a 2017 Toyota Highlander has a Factory Tow Package
- Q&A: How To Tell If 2016 Toyota Highlander Has Factory Tow Package Wiring
- Q&A: How to Tell if 2019 Toyota Highlander Has Factory Tow Package
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Towing a Trailer? Let's Talk About Brake Controllers
- Article: 2023 Best Gifts for Auto Enthusiasts