Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler
I have a 2010 Jeep Wrqangler. I need a bike rack for the spare tire. the brake light gets in the way for a lot of them. Whats my best bet?
asked by: Denise
There are two spare tire racks you could go with on your 2010 Jeep Wrangler, either the Thule Spare Me 2 Bike Carrier part # TH963PRO and the Yakima SpareRide 2 Bike Carrier part # Y02599. Both of these racks should fit without interfering with the third brake light of your Wrangler.
To be absolutely sure that these racks will fit on your vehicle you will need a couple measurements. The diameter of the hole in the center of your spare tire wheel will need to be greater than 1-3/16 inches and the distance from the back of the wheel, where the mounting plate will bolt up to the wheel, to the farthest out part of the spare tire needs to be less than 6-1/2 inches.
I recommend the Yakima rack because it has a lifetime warranty, while the Thule has a limited lifetime warranty. The Yakima includes two extensions which allows it to fit wider tires.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Spare Tire Bike Racks
- Frame Mount - Anti-Sway
- 2 Bikes
- Bike and Rack Lock
- Dual Arm
- Hanging Rack
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose a Spare-Tire-Bike Rack
- Q&A: Will Yakima SpareTime 2 Bike Carrier # Y02599 Allow Rear Glass to Open on 2007 Jeep Liberty
- Q&A: Opening the Rear Door with Bike Rack on 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
- Q&A: Best Spare Tire Mounted Bike Rack Comparison Thule Vs Yakima
- Q&A: Spare Tire Bike Rack Recommendation for Jeep Wrangler with Offroad Oversize Tire
- Q&A: 7-Way RV Trailer Connector Wiring Diagram
- Q&A: Are Additional Diodes Needed for Demco SBS Stay-IN-Play DUO Supplemental Braking System
- Q&A: Rear Support Bar Dimension on Hollywood Racks SR1 2-Bike Spare Tire Bike Carrier HRSR1
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack for a Jeep Wrangler
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Choose a Bike Rack That Will Clear a Rear Mounted Spare Tire or Bumper
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: How to Choose a High-Low Adapter
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch