4 Bike Rack Recommendation for 2016 Lexus GX460 and 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Heres your challenge : 16 Lexus GX460 - 2inch hitch 16 Jeep wrangler unlimited with 35inch spare tire. - 2inch hitch 1 womens hybrid 1 mens hard tail MB 2 20inch kids bikes Im looking for a rack that can be used on both vehicles and both open from the side. Do the tilt options provide enough clearance for side opening doors? It looks like swing away are my only options and if so how are out do they swing lock? The Lexus wouldnt be a problem but im concerned about the jeep as there must be enough room for the door w/ tire to swing out far enough for the cargo window hatch to open. thanks
asked by: Brad C
Helpful Expert Reply:
The Yakima Fullswing part # Y02465 is going to be your best option for a bike rack that will clear the rear spare tire and give you full rear cargo area access with bikes loaded. You will need to take one measurement though. You will need to measure from the center of the hitch pin hole out to the furthest point out on the spare. If that distance is less than 15 inches then the bike rack will clear the spare. This rack has one of the largest clearance here so it would be your best option all-around.
If you plan on carrying any womens or alternative framed bikes without horizontal top tubes you may also be interested in purchasing a Kuat Bike Frame Adapter Bar # UB01 to provide a horizontal top tube on your bikes to provide an attachment point. I attached a review video for this product also. This will allow the bikes to be carried more level and will provide more ground clearance.
Featured Help Information
- Shop: Yakima FullSwing Bike Rack for 4 Bikes - 2" Hitches - Swing Away
- Video: Saris Bike Racks Swing Away Hitch Extender Review
- Video: Yakima OverHaul HD Adjustable Truck Rack with HD Crossbars Manufacturer Review
- Shop: Yakima OverHaul HD Truck Bed Ladder Rack for Toyota/Nissan Utility Tracks - 500 lbs - 68" Bars
- Shop: Yakima OverHaul HD Adjustable Truck Bed Ladder Rack w/ Tonneau Cover Adapters - 68" Crossbars
- Shop: Ladder Rack
- Shop: RV Bike Racks
- Shop: Thule Range RV Bike Rack for 4 Bikes - 2" Hitches
- Shop: Thule Apex Swing XT Bike Rack for 4 Bikes - 2" Hitches - Swing Away
- Shop: Roof Rack
- Shop: Thule JawGrip Paddle, Oar, or Mast Holder for Roof Rack Crossbars - Channel Mount - Qty 2
- Shop: Rhino-Rack Multipurpose Holders for Roof Rack Crossbars - Universal Mount - Qty 2
- Search Results: bike rack
- Shop: Trailer Hitch
- Video: Hollywood Racks RV and Camper Bike Racks Review - 2022 Jayco Greyhawk Motorhome
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Search Results: hitch bike racks
- Q&A: Can a 2019 Chevrolet Spark Carry 2 E-Bikes Using a Hitch Mounted Bike Rack?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Video: Hollywood Racks Sport Rider SE 2 Electric Bike Platform Rack Review
- Search Results: hollywood racks
- Article: How to Carry Bikes While Towing a Travel Trailer
- Video: Hollywood Racks RV Rider 2 Electric Bike Platform Rack Review
- Q&A: Will The Hollywood Racks RV Rider HLY64FR Work With Lectric Step Thru E-Bikes?
- Search Results: yakima
- Article: How to Choose a Hitch-Mounted Bike Rack
- Shop: Trailer Wiring
- Search Results: ebike carrier
- Article: What is an RV-Approved Bike Rack? (And Do You REALLY Need One?)