bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Replacement Slider Hitch Recommendation for Older 50008 Hitch


I have a1998 dodge 1500 4x4 with the 5.8 engine gas I have air bags also my 5th wheel trailer is a28 foot modified. Very light weight. My question is i have a slider model# 50008.what mounting kit do I need and wheredo I find one.


Expert Reply:

Your older slider isn't compatible with the newer hitch heads so you would need to with a new slider hitch all together.

The Reese 16 hitch part # RP30047 is a great slider hitch that would work well as a replacement. It has a round tube slider which will operate smoother than square and has a great jaw system that will provide excellent king pin contact.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>