What Function Is Each Wire on Optronics 80 Inch 3 Function LED Light # STL69RRXB
Just received lights and need to know what wires go to what wire for running lights and brake light. Also there is no gasket, am I missing them or just use gasket material. Thank you.
asked by: Tim
The White wire will be the ground and should be connected to the trailer frame or a clean metal surface. The Black wire will be connected to the tail light circuit. The Red wire will be connected to the Brake and Turn Signal circuit.
The Optronics 80 Inch 3 Function LED Light, part # STL69RRXB, is a sealed light and does not require use of a gasket.
To connect the wires, you will want to use butt connectors, part # 05732-2, and I would recommend wrapping the connections in electrical tape. We also have available Hopkins Deluxe Trailer Wiring Installation Kit, part # HM51020, which includes parts necessary for wiring, such as wire cutters, electrical tape, and connectors.
I have linked an FAQ on trailer wiring that you may find as a good reference.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Wire Connectors
- Butt Connectors
- 12-10 Gauge
more information >
- Tools for Wiring
- Wiring Kits
- Installation Kit
more information >
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- How Many Lights Come In # STL69RRXB
- Could Thin Line Clearance Light # STL69RRXB Be Used as Clearance Light on 2014 Itasa Winnebago
- Installing Optronics Sealed Thin Line LED Stop/Turn/Tail Light # STL69RRXB
- How Does the Optronics Light STL69RRXB Install in It's Chrome Base
- Width of Optronics Thin Line LED Stop/Turn/Tail Lamp # STL69RRXB
- Trailer Light Information for a Trailer Wider than 80 Inches
- Replacement Light Recommendation for Glo Brite 3rd Brake Light 9431-55-88
- Is the Optronics Trailer Tail Light # STL69RRXB Flexible
- Differences Between the Optronics LED Stop/Turn/Tail Light Part STL69RRXB and Part STL69RB
- Differences Between Optronics # STL69RRXB and # STL69RB LED Stop/Turn/Tail Lights
- Using Optronics # STL69RRXB LED Lamps to Provide Illumination on Outside of Ice Fishing House
- Recommended Trailer One Piece Identification Light for Trailers Over 80 Inches Wide
- Is Load Resistor Needed to Add a LED Taillight # STL69RRXB to Existing Vehicle Taillights
- Recommended 4-Way Connector to Wire Motorcycle Carrier Lights at Rear of 2002 Toyota 4Runner
- LED Stop Turn and Tail Signal Lighting for a Motorcycle Pull Behind Trailer
- How To Wire Sealed, Thin Line, LED Stop/Turn/Tail Light, 3-Function Trailer Light # STL69RRXB
- Do All Three Wires Have to Be Used with the Optronics Clearance Lights STL69RRXB and STL69RRXB
- Comparing The STL59RB, STL69RRXB, and STL79RB For 80 Inch Wide Trailer
- DOT Approved Clearance Light for Commercial Trailer