bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Flat Tow a 2012 Honda CR-V All-Wheel Drive


I am looking for a package deal towing equipment to tow my 12 honda crv awd-flattow. I am not too familiar with brand names but am leaning towards the roadmaster falcon 2 AT tow bar with all of the standard auxiliary equip minus brake system. Do you have a package deal?


Helpful Expert Reply:

We don't have a specific package deal because so many vehicles require different components to flat tow but I can recommend some part you'll need specifically for your 2012 Honda CR-V. I've also attached several articles that might be helpful to you.

For starters, you mentioned a Roadmaster tow bar like the Falcon 2 # RM-520 and the Falcon All Terrain # RM-522. Both are excellent tow bars, the main difference being that the All Terrain is designed to make disconnecting easier on uneven ground. I've attached a video on each that you might like to take a look at.

To connect your CR-V to the tow bar it's going to need base plates and safety cables. The Roadmaster EZ4 Base Plate Kit # RM-521567-4 is confirmed to fit your vehicle. To install base plates you'll need to trim some of the fascia on your car. See the install video I attached. For safety cables a great option are the Roadmaster Cables # RM-643 because they're coiled which will help keep them off the ground.

For operating the lights of your Honda the Roadmaster Tail Light Wiring Kit # RM-155 will install without tapping into the car's wiring. It bypasses the CR-V's wiring and mounts into the tail lights. In order to keep the CR-V from overriding the motorhome's turn signals you'll also need a Brake Light Relay # RM-88400. I've attached install videos of both of these as well.

According to your owner's manual you'll need to pull a couple of fuses (Specifically the # 19 ACC radio and # 20 ACC key lock fuses) to avoid draining your battery everytime you tow. To make this easier you can use a bypass switch, part # RM76512.

Finally, you're also likely going to need a high-low adapter, like # RM-048-6. I've linked our selection, but before you choose one you'll need to determine the correct rise or drop you need. I've attached a help article to help you find this.

helpful expert reply by:
Charles S

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>