Will Aluminum Weigh Safe Ball Mount Corrode When Used With Steel Trailer Hitch Receiver
Hello! Im looking at some of the weigh safe trailer hitches. Is there any concern of galvanic corrosion since its an aluminium hitch going into a steel receiver? Thanks!
asked by: Tristan M
We have not had anyone give us negative feedback about the use of a Weigh Safe ball mount in a steel trailer hitch receiver.
The best way to prevent the corrosion is to remove the ball mount when you are not towing. We have had people use a small amount of grease like part # L11390 to inhibit any corrosion.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: What is the Best Grease for Trailer Bearings
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: Replacing the Bearing, Races and Seals on a Trailer Hub
- Q&A: Grease Recommendation and Schedule for Dexter EZ Lube Spindles
- Article: Overview of Lubricating Grease
- Q&A: How to Grease a Dexter EZ Lube Axle
- Q&A: Recommended Grease and Grease Gun To Use With Dexter EZ Lube Hubs On Travel Trailer Campers
- Article: How to Tell the Weight Rating of a Trailer Axle
- Q&A: Replacement Bearings and Brakes for 2016 Riverside Retro 195
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Measure the Bolt Pattern of a Trailer Wheel
- Q&A: Best Wheel Bearing Grease for a Trailer
- Article: Trailer Tire Sizing
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Wheel Bearing Grease for Dexter Axles