Can a 1-1/4 to 2 Inch Hitch Adapter be Used with a 2011 Volkswagen Golf to Tow 2100 Pound Trailer
Can I tow a 2100 Lb trailer with the hitch adapter that goes from the 1- 1/4inch to 2inch or whats the weight capacity of that adapter? Is for my 2011 Golf TDI dissel my hitch capacity is 2500Lb
asked by: Jaime
The adapter # HTAD is rated for use with Class I trailer hitches like the hitches that are available for the 2011 Volkswagen Golf.
This adapter has a tongue weight capacity of 300 pounds but the use of any adapter reduces the tongue weight capacity of the trailer hitch by 50 percent. However, the # HTAD is not intended for towing.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Availability Of Adapter To Go From 1-1/4" Hitch To A 2" Hitch
- A 1-1/4 Inch to 2 Inch Adapter That Will Fit on a Class I Trailer Hitch
- Is There a 2" Receiver For a 2021 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Recommended Anti-Rattle Device for 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Adapter
- Adapter that Fits 1-1/4 inch Hitch and Provides 2 inch Hitch Opening
- Choosing a Class II Ball Mount with the Correct Rise and Drop on 2004 Subaru Outback Wagon
- What Adapter Do You Recommend for Making a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Take a 2-Inch Accessory?
- Availability Of An Anti-Rattle Device for Use With A 1-1/4 Inch To 2 Inch Hitch Expander
- Can a Hitch Adapter be Used to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Hitch to 2 Inch Hitch on 2006 Ford Taurus
- Trailer Hitch Adapter To Use With 1-1/4 Inch Receiver On 2011 Honda Accord
- Is There an Adapter to go From 1-1/4 inch Hitch Size to 2 inch Hitch Size
- Availability of Trailer Hitch with 2 Inch Receiver for 2013 Lexus GS 350
- Class II Ball Mount With 3-1/2 Inch To 5 Inch Drop For Ford Explorer
- Why Cant I Use a Class II Hitch Adapter for 1-1/4 Hitch Receiver in a Class I Hitch?
- Anti-Rattle Device Recommendation for a Hitch Adapter Used on a 1-1/4 inch Hitch
- Hitch Recommendation to Carry Dirt Bike with 2007 Honda Element SC
- Availability of Adapter to go From 1-1/4 inch Hitch to 2 inch Hitch
- Why Are Hitch Adapters for 1-1/4 inch Hitch Not to Be Towed With
- Availability of 1-1/4 Inch Ball Mount with 7-1/2 Inch Rise
- Trailer Hitch Adapter For 2016 Honda Odyssey To USe 2-Inch Bike Rack In 1-1/4 Inch Receiver
- Why is HTAD Class I to Class III Trailer Hitch Adapter Not Recommended for Towing
- Hitch Expander Dimensions for 1-1/4 Inch Subaru Factory Hitch Receiver
- What is the Gross Towing Weight and Tongue Weight Capacity of the Brophy 1-1/4 to 2 Inch Adapter
- Recommended Adapter to Convert 1-1/4 Inch Receiver on Curt 11482 Hitch to 2 Inch Receiver
- Options for Carrying a Hitch Mount Bike Rack for 2 inch Hitches on a 1995 Honda Odyssey
- 1-1/4 inch to 2 inch Hitch Adapter that Can Fit Class I Trailer Hitch
- 1-1/4 inch to 2 inch Hitch Adapter Recommendation for a Toyota Prius
- How to Carry 2 Inch Hitch Accessories with a 2017 Honda CR-V that has a 1-1/4 Inch Hitch Receiver
- Can a 2 Inch Trailer Hitch Receiver be Installed on 2017 Subaru Impreza
- Trailer Hitch Receiver Adapter for Class I Hitch to a 2 Inch Receiver