Recommendation for a Canoe Carrier to Fit a 12 Foot Canoe on a 2010 Subaru Outback
I have 12foot Kevlar Adirondack Pack Boat ,that I need to get on the roof of my 2010 Subaru outback.I dont think kayak racks are my answer. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Thanks.
asked by: Rebecca C
If your 2010 Subaru Outback has a factory roof rack with crossbars, then I recommend using the Thule Portage Canoe Carrier # TH819. The Thule carrier will work with any set of crossbars that has a crossbar spread between 24 - 36 inches.The Thule Portage carrier 4 Gunwale brackets will allow you to carry your canoe or any open-hulled boat.The Thule carrier will include load straps with padded buckles to secure your boat to the crossbars and ratcheting bow and stern tie-down straps to anchor the boat to your vehicle.
If you do not have the factory crossbars or you need a whole roof rack system, contact me and I would be happy to find a rack that will work on your vehicle and allow you to transport your boat.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Watersport Carriers
- Roof Mount Carrier
- Gunwale Brackets
- Aero Bars
- Elliptical Bars
- Factory Bars
- Round Bars
- Square Bars
- Side Loading
- Clamp On
- No Load Assist
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Can Yakima CoreBar Crossbars Be Cut To Desired Length
- Article: Most Popular Wheel Bearings
- Article: How to Tie Down a Canoe To a Roof Rack
- Q&A: Thule Portage or Yakima Keel Over Kayak Rack Recommendation
- Q&A: Availability of Replacement Hand Crank for Thule Hideaway Awning
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Q&A: Easy Way to Tie Off Kayak Bow and Stern on a 2010 Subaru Outback
- Article: Roof-Mounted Watersport Carriers
- Q&A: Correct Replacement Hand Crank For Thule HideAway Awnings
- Article: Roof Rack Information
- Q&A: How To Haul a Tandem Recumbent Bike
- Q&A: Recommended Canoe Carrier and Load Assist for a 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
- Article: Boat Trailer Guides: Which are the Best?