2-1/2 Inch Class V Trailer Hitch for a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 6.0, 5-Speed, 14 Bolt Rear End
Hello, I believe I have a bit of an odd ball truckwhich is why I bought it, but anyways its a 2000 Chevy Silverado 2500hd. It has a 6.0 v8, nv4500 5 speed, and a 14 bolt rear end not the mini 14. When I get filters and what not I have to say its an 01. Its an extended cab short Box.
asked by: Cody
The 2000 model year was a split model year for GM trucks (actually it started for the 1999 model year but continued until about 2002). This is when they went from being C or K series to being badged as Silverados/Sierras. So the issue with filters and whatnot may have stemmed from that.
So for a 2000 there were both C/K series and Silverados. To make things more confusing Silverado was a trim on the C/K series trucks. So it is possible you have a 2000 C or K series 2500HD with the Silverado trim. If that is the case then for a 2-1/2 inch hitch you can use # DT45506.
It is also possible that you are looking at the build year for the truck as being a 2000 but that would make it a 2001. And if that is the case you can use Curt hitch # C15703.
But I did some checking and for a 1999 to 2002 Silverado 2500, all styles, you can use hitch # DT45512. I know all of this just might make it all more confusing but regardless of what exactly your truck is I am certain that we have a hitch for it!
Featured Help Information
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Recommended 2-1/2 Inch Trailer Hitch for 2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 with Best Ground Clearance
- Q&A: Distance from Bumper to Top of Curt Trailer Hitch C15703 on a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Q&A: Difference Between RoadActive Suspension Kits for 2024 GMC Sierra 2500
- Q&A: 2-1/2 Inch Trailer Hitch With Best Ground Clearance for a 2007 Chevy Silverado 3500 Classic
- Q&A: Drop of Curt Class V Trailer Hitch # C15703 for 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 3500
- Q&A: Dimensions Of Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver C15703
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches
- Article: 2 Steps for Finding the Right Weight Distribution Hitch Size
- Q&A: Fit of Class V Trailer Hitch for 2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
- Article: Choosing the Right Suspension Kit for Your Truck and Trailer
- Article: The 5 Best Trailer Drop Hitches You Can Buy
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: 4-Step Guide to Installing RV Solar Power