Fifth Wheel Rail Kit for Curt Q24 Fifth Wheel Hitch in 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 2500
On the Curt Q24 Fifth Wheel Hitch it shows a Plate between the Bed rails under the Hitch..?? I was wondering what that was..??
asked by: Duane H
I think you're referring to the product pictures that I've attached as well as the video I linked. This is the Curt X5 Adapter # C16210. It isn't actually between the rails but instead is the rails. It installs into a Curt gooseneck hitch to provide the base rails for a fifth wheel hitch like the Curt Q24 # C16245 but it will work with any fifth wheel hitch that uses industry standard rails.
For your 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 you can use the rail kit # C16411-204 to install a fifth wheel hitch.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Fixed Fifth Wheel
- Above Bed Rails
- 6000 lbs Vertical Load
- 24000 lbs GTW
- Cushioned 360-Degree
- Standard - Double Jaw
- 13 - 17 Inch Tall
more information >
- Fifth Wheel Installation Kit
- Above the Bed
more information >
Featured Help Information
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Adapters for Towing a 5th Wheel Trailer with a Gooseneck Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: Recommended Gen-Y Hitch Shock Absorbing 5th Wheel Pin Box to Replace a Lippert Rhino
- Article: 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapters
- Q&A: What Is An OEM Prep Package And How Do I Know If I Have It
- Q&A: Comparing the Curt Q20 and the Curt A20 5th Wheel Hitches.
- Q&A: Determining Pin Weight And Compatbility Of A Gen-Y 5th Wheel Pin Box On A Toy Hauler Trailer
- Q&A: Determining The Correct Capacity Gen-Y 5th Wheel Pin Box For A Grand Design Momentum 397TH
- Q&A: Do I Have to Have a Sliding 5th Wheel Hitch in a Short Bed Truck
- Article: Best 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Adapters (2023)
- Article: Gooseneck Trailer Hitch Information and Review
- Article: Hitch Adapters and Extenders