Protecting Electrical Connections from Corrosion on GMC LED Hitch Cover CR-007G
I ordered one of these, not sure what company,but made the same. It lasted about one year then the lower part of the m quit working. The corrosion on the back where wires hooked to emblem was very corroded. Any ideas what stop this if I would order another one. I live in a highly salt that is used on roads.
asked by: Mike W
The use of dielectric grease # LT37534 on electrical connections will help to keep them from corroding. I also recommend wrapping as much wiring as you can with electrical tape which will further help to prevent salt and moisture from getting to the electrical connections.
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Dielectric Grease
more information >
Video/Article/FAQ this Question was Asked FromArticle or Video
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Rust Prevention
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules
- Q&A: Will Draw-Tite Trailer Hitch Fit a 2022 Honda CR-V Hyrbid
- Q&A: Trailer Hitch Fit for 2022 Hyundai Santa Fe PHEV Plug In Hybrid
- Q&A: Recommended Trailer Locks for Rented U-Haul Trailers to Secure When Connected and Disconnected
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Where Are Draw-Tite Hitches Made?
- Q&A: Shipping Weight and Dimensions of Draw-Tite Max-Frame # 76128 for 2017 Honda CR-V
- Q&A: Shipping Dimensions of Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver # C13397
- Q&A: Is It Possible to Add an Axle to a Single Axle Trailer
- Article: 5 Things to Know About Weight Distribution Hitches