Best 5th Wheel Hitch Recommendation for 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 Short Bed with Rails Installed
I recently purchased a 20,000 lb Cyclone trailer. I will be towing it with a 2015 Chev Duramax Crew Cab 6.5 bed. What hitch to you recommend? I have rails in my truck from a 16,000 lb. hitch that Ive sold.
asked by: Dave H
For towing a 20k fifth wheel hitch with your 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 short bed you are going to need a slider hitch to allow you to make tight turns without cab interference. Because of that I would recommend the Demco Hijacker AutoSlide part # DM8550035 which will automatically slide as you make tight turns which prevents you from having to get out and manually activate the slider everytime you get to a parking lot.
This hitch also fits the industry standard fifth wheel rails you have in the bed currently.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Recommended Ford Puck System Side Plates for Demco Hijacker 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Q&A: How to Determine Correct Height Setting for 5th Wheel Hitch
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Q&A: Is The Reese Goose Box Available for the Rhino Box?
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Q&A: Comparing Demco Hijacker and Pullrite Superglide Fifth Wheel Hitch for 2017 Ram 2500
- Q&A: How to Convert a Demco AutoSlide 5th Wheel Hitch to Fit in the Ford Factory Puck System
- Q&A: How To Convert Demco Hijacker Autoslide 5th Wheel Hitch For Use On 2020 Ford F-250 with Puck System
- Article: Guide to Choosing the Best Truck for 5th-Wheel Towing
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: How to Raise Your Travel Trailer Height