Will the Hopkins 7-Way part # HM40975 Plug Right in to 2002 Chevy Suburban
Hi! I have a 02 2500 4x4 suburban that has the factory 7 pin. I am buying a new hitch and would like to mount this to the hitch or bumper. My question is....Can I just unplug this from the old one and plug it into the new one? Thanks!
asked by: Scott G
Yes, the 7-way harness your 2002 Chevy Suburban matches the connector style of what the # HM40975 has so all you would need to do is remove your old 7-way and plug this one in it's place.
You'll want to attach this to your bumper though as you shouldn't drill into the hitch.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: 2021 Ram ProMaster 1500 Trailer Wiring Recommendation for 4-Way and 7-Way Sockets
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: Recommended Hitch and Wiring Harness for a 2024 Kia Telluride
- Q&A: Trailer Tow Package Turn Signal Fuse and Relay Locations on a 2010 Ford F-150
- Q&A: Replacing Wired Remote With Wireless Remote For Happijac Electric Jacks
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2021 Ram 2500 With RamBoxes