bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Parts Needed to Add Grey Water Tank to Enclosed Trailer


I am adding a grey water only tank to my enclosed trailer. I am trying to understand which fittings and valves I will need to make this happen. Would prefer to clamp everything on without glue, and as simple and inexpensive as possible. Do grey water tanks use the standard black PVC drain line at hardware stores? If so, could I use a simple ball valve?


Expert Reply:

The specific fittings and valves you need will ultimately depend on the kind of grey water tank that you plan on adding to your enclosed trailer. If there are threaded fittings or specific diameter openings on your tank, you will need to find the compatible fittings.

For a waste valve you can use something like the Valterra Twist on Waste Valve # T58. This will not be glued on because it is designed to attach to the RV side and the waste tube with bayonet adapters like the Valterra # T05-2285VP.

For a sewer/dump hose, you can use the RhinoFLEX RV Sewer Hose w Swivel Fittings # CAM39761. This is a 15 foot long hose with 1 bayonet fitting and 2 storage caps.

Generally the hose openings on grey water tanks are around 1-1/2 inches in diameter, so you will just want to make sure you use a hose that will fit. Standard PVC pipes can be used for this.

I also recommend adding a liquid treatment like the TST RV Septic System Ultra-Concentrated - Citrus Scent # CAM41195 to break down any waste and help block odors that may eventually come from the gray water tank.

I have also provided a link to our available plumbing products for campers for you to look at.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>