bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Help Controlling Body Sway as a Motorhome Travels Down the Highway


Have a 2004 Damon R V.35 ft. Need new rubber block over front axle. What would best to use ? Hope to get help w/ driving, wind, semi. and side to side turning to keep it going straight. Also would new shocks help ? Have sway bars on front and back, air bags on the rear axle. Just bought, but drives bad. HELP !!


Expert Reply:

One of the biggest complaints the motorhome owner's have is controlling body sway. There are a couple of things that you can do that might help decrease the body sway the you are experiencing.

First, installing an Anti-Sway Bars, like the Roadmaster Rear Anti-Sway Bar # RM-1139-143 and the front sway bar # RM-1139-148. Installing anti-sway bars will help minimize the side-to-side and will allow your motorhome to keep an level ride.

Next, installing a suspension enhancement system, like the Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement # TFRSD and the front # TFFSD4B, will help improve your coach's suspension. The Timbren system will replace the rubber jounces currently installed on your coach. The Aeon springs will reduce body roll and will help reduce road shock.

Unfortunately, we do not carry shock absorbers for motorhomes. You would have to check with the chassis manufacturer. Also, you will need to know exactly which chassis you have before ordering products. If you are unsure, contact the chassis manufacturer with your VIN# and they can give you the proper information.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>