bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Can I Use a Transmission Temp Gauge # D139009 with Trans. Cooler # D135004 on my 2003 Chevy Z71


i have a 2003 chevy z71 1500 just bought transmission cooler d13504 want a trans temp gauge will d13009 work


Expert Reply:

Yes, the Derale Temperature Gauge Kit for Transmission or Engine Oil, part # D139009, would work with your Derale Series 8000 Plate-Fin Transmission Cooler, part # D13504, on your 2003 Chevy Z71.

The # D13009 is designed to be used on transmission or engine oil coolers so it would work well for you. I attached an FAQ article on transmission coolers below for you to check out also.

You should note that in order to install this # D13009 you will either have to remove your oil pan and drill a 1/2 inch hole into the transmission oil pan and use the supplied jam nut, nylon washer and temp sender pan adapter to install the temperature sensor. Or if your radiator has a coolant port on your radiator, using the included thread sealed tape to install the temperature sensor in the port.

expert reply by:
Jameson C

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>