Where to Install the Curt Custom 5th Wheel Brackets in Kit # C16411-204 on a 2017 Gmc 2500 HD
Hi I had a 2013 gmc 2500HD truck. Removed my custom brackets from etrailer they told they would fit my new 2017 GMC 2500 HD truck but I dont know the measurements to install my rails.
asked by: Christopher G
I was able to look up your order and saw that you had ordered the Curt Custom 5th Wheel Installation Kit # C16411-204 which is a confirmed fit for both your 2013 and your 2017 GMC 2500 HD.
There are 2 different measurements that are in the instructions for the # C16411-204. The place where you install them is relative to the size of your truck bed.
For the short bed (6-1/2 feet) you will install the forwardmost (closest to the cab) bracket so the the rearmost edge is 47-1/2 inches away from the tailgate of your GMC.
For the long bed (8 feet) you will install the forwardmost (closest to the cab) bracket so that the rearmost edge is 52-3/8 inches away from the tailgate of your GMC.
Featured Help Information
- Q&A: Will The RBW Lil Rocker 5TH Wheel Hitch Fit In a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD?
- Q&A: Does Truck with 6-1/2 ft bed Have to Use Slider Hitch for Turning Clearance with Fifth Wheel Hitch
- Article: Ram Trailer Tow Prep Package
- Article: 4 Steps to Choosing Your 5th Wheel Pin Box
- Q&A: Do Holes in the Frame of a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 get Used for Install of Fifth Wheel Rails
- Q&A: Best 5th Wheel Hitch That Works With The Lippert Turning Point Pin Box
- Article: Gooseneck to 5th Wheel Adapters
- Q&A: Will B&W Companion Slider Base For Ford Fuper Duty Puck System Fit B&W Companion Head For Chevy
- Q&A: Is the Reese Elite Puck System for Chevy the Same Exact Configuration as the OEM GM Puck System?
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Rail Kit for a 2024 Chevy Silverado 2500
- Article: Sidewinder with Rotating Turret for Short Bed Pickups
- Article: 5th Wheel Hitch Installation | The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Article: Fifth Wheel Trailer Hitch Information and Installation Tips
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)