Installation Torque Value for Kodiak Replacement Grease Cap KPCAP
I noticed the torque for these caps is 20 - 30 lb/ft as indicated on the cap. That seems high. The review video simply says snug. I went with tight enough to keep the o-ring from distorting. Theyre still holding after 1200 miles. Will they continue to stay put?
asked by: Doug L
Since the Kodiak grease/oil cap # KPCAP is made of tough UV-resistant polycarbonate you don't need to worry about the torque recommendation on the item. Polycarbonate is a very tough material and you can rest assured that Kodiak would not indicate an inappropriate torque value on their product. Note also that torque is always specified as a range of values, not one specific value.
On initial installation a new part will likely snug up at the lower end of the torque range. If it has been removed several times for maintenance then it may well require the upper-end torque value in order to remain snugly in place. If you have 1200 miles on your caps then I suggest just the routine check before each trip to ensure they are not loosened up. You should not need to cinch them down further if they remain tight. Using the O-rings as a visual guide is helpful but use of a torque wrench will eliminate all doubt.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Oil Seals and Outer Cap To Change From Grease Axle Bearing To Oil
- Replacement Plug Recommendation for Replacement Grease Cap # KPCAP
- Availability of Trailer Hub Cap for Mastercraft Boat Trailer that is Threaded
- Difference Between the Oil Bath Caps # XL-PLCAP and # KPCAP
- How Much Torque is Applied to a Kodiak Grease Cap for Installation
- Replacement Oil Cap for Dexter Hub # 21-35
- What Size Socket is Needed to Tighten the Kodiak XL ProLube Oil Bath Cap # KPCAP
- Filling a Kodiak Oil Bath Disc Brake Hub and Oil Compatibility
- Replacement Oil Bath Cover for Trailer Hub
- Parts Needed To Convert 5TH Wheel With Tandem 7K Axles To Disc Brakes and 17-1/2" Wheels Oil Lubed
- Does The Kodiak Disc Brake Kit K2HR858DE Use Grease Or Oil To Lube The Hub Bearings?
- Replacement Plastic Cap and Seal for 8K EZ Lube Axle
- Parts Needed To Add Electric Over Hydraulic Disc Brakes On Tandem Axle Trailer With Lippert 8k Axles
- Is There a Bearing Buddy for a Hub Bore with 2.25 Inch Diameter
- Disc Brake Kit Compatible With Lippert 8,000 Torsion Axles
- What Is the Hub Bore of the Kodiak 13" 8K Disc Brake Kit