bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended Puck To Gooseneck Adapter For 2013 Chevy Silverado 3500


Hello, I recently purchased a 2013 Chevy Silverado 3500 that came with 4 oblonged holes in a rectangle pattern approxamatley 29 inches from eachother. I have no idea what these were used for, but i was told that it was used to haul the previous owners fifth wheel, and that I can buy a plate that will lock into these holes so i can pull my Gooseneck. Just wondering what i would need so that i could adapt this sort of fifth wheel plate into a gooseneck hitch. Thank You.


Helpful Expert Reply:

Yes. The adapter plate I recommend is the Reese Elite Series Above-Bed Gooseneck Trailer Hitch - 25,000 lbs # RP30845. This hitch will simply fit into the pucks you described and give you a gooseneck hitch. Another option I recommend is the Reese Elite Series Underbed Rail Adapter for Standard 5th Wheel Trailer Hitches - 20,000 lbs # RP30156. This will be compatible with the Curt Spyder Gooseneck Trailer Hitch for Fifth Wheel Rails, 25,000 lbs GTW # 16085 to give you that gooseneck hitch and the adapter will allow you to use any standard 5th wheel hitch. So you have the best of both worlds with this combination, but not quite as clean a look.

You may also be interested in the Bargman 5th Wheel/Gooseneck 90-Degree Wiring Harness w/ 7-Pole Plug - 9' Long # 50-97-410 to give you a second 7-way trailer connection in the bed of your truck for easy accessibility.

click to enlarge
helpful expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>