bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Type of Ball Mount Suited for Welding on Sway Control Tab 3442


Is there a way to use Curt #17200 with a BandW#bwts 20048b?


Helpful Expert Reply:

The B&W Tow & Stow 3-Ball Mount # BWTS20048B fits 2-1/2-inch hitches which are generally going to be towing trailers that are larger than what a simple friction sway control mechanism will handle. A friction sway ball mount tab # 3442 could be welded on but I would not do that to such a nice ball mount as the B&W.

You will be better off selecting a fixed ball mount with the rise or drop you currently need and welding the tab onto that ball mount if you want to use a friction anti-sway unit like # 17200.

The most effective type of sway control comes from the kind that is built into a weight distribution system, what is sometimes called integrated sway control. Simple friction arms can't match their performance. Integrated systems, unlike friction units, can allow you to back up the trailer without having to disconnect anything. You cannot back up with a friction device installed.

helpful expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>