Installation of the Curt Trailer Connector and Back-Up Alarm # C57102 on a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I have a 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee that DID NOT come with any tow package or wiring harness pre installed. I bought Order #105134477 the following : C57102 - Curt Trailer Connector Adapter with Backup Alarm - 4-Way to 7-Way RV and 4-Way Flat C55369 - Curt T-Connector Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector the guy that installed it for me DID NOT want to connect the BACK UP ALARM on it so he left it undone. He said it was too hard to get back there How can I connect it? Can I tap into the back up lights in my car and splice into the YELLOW wire?
asked by: Mia R
Yes, you can connect the yellow wire of the Curt Trailer Connector and Back-up Alarm, # C57102, to the back-up light circuit on your 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
Connecting the yellow wire will allow the back-up alarm to activate when you put your Jeep in reverse.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- What Circuits Of The 7-Way Blade Connector Are Required To Use a Curt Echo Trailer Brake Connector?
- Parts Needed To add a 7-Way With Trailer Charge Line On a 2022 Ford Bronco
- Add 7-Pin to 2022 Hyundai Palisade with Factory Tow-Package
- Wiring Needed To Install A Curt Echo and Curt 7-Way With Backup Alarm On a 2016 Kia Sportage
- Recommended Brake Controller and 7-Way Connector for a 2022 Subaru Outback Premium
- Does Brake Controller Installed on Trailer Require Blue Wire to Be Connected on Tow Vehicle
- How Does the Curt Connector # C57102 Wire Up
- Parts Needed to Install a Brake Controller and 7-Way in a 2012 Lincoln Navigator
- Does the Alarm Always Sound in Reverse on the Curt Trailer Connector Adapter with Backup Alarm?
- Does The Curt 7-Way Require a 12 Volt Charge Line To Be Connected When Brake Controller Isn't Needed
- Do All 7 Circuits of 7-Way Need to be Ran When Installing Brake Controller
- Parts Needed to Add 7-Way and Brake Controller on 2017 Subaru Outback Wagon
- What is the Blue Wire on the Curt C57102 7-way Connector with Backup Alarm Used For
- Does Curt 7-Way with Backup Alarm Work on 2021 Hyundai Palisade
- Does the Backup Alarm on Curter Trailer Connector Adapter # C57102 Sound Just when Towing
- What are the Wire Functions of the CURT Trailer Connector Adapter, # C57102
- Parts Needed to Add a Trailer Brake Controller on a 2000 Toyota 4Runner
- Could 4-Way to 7-Way Adapter with Reverse Alarm Fit 2020 Honda Odyssey with 4-Way
- Factory Trailer Wiring Harness Connection Point on a 2001 Toyota Highlander
- Where to Tap Into Reverse Light Circuit to Install Trailer Connector Adapter with Backup Alarm
- Adding a 4- or 7-Way Trailer Connector to a 2017 Chrysler Pacifica
- Recommended Wiring Harness For A 2022 Volkswagen ID 4
- 2021 Hyundai Palisade 5-Pole Flat Wiring Harness Recommendation
- How To Attach A Brake Controller To My 1999 Dodge Dakota Sport V4
- Recommended 7-Way Connector for a 2013 Honda CR-V
- Installing a 7 way Plug On An Australian 1998 Land Rover Discovery
- Universal Version of the Curt Trailer Connector # C57101
- Trailer Wiring For A 2022 Nissan Frontier
- How To Get A 7-Way and 4-Way Trailer Connector On A 2012 Ford F150 With Only a Factory 4-Flat