Recommended Suspension Enhancement to Level 2016 Toyota Tacoma when Towing Trailer
Hello. I tow a travel trailer with my 2016 tacoma. The trailer is about 3000# with about a 300# tongue load. It has a single beam tongue so weight distribution systems will not work. It it tows well without the weight distribution anyway. But it squats just a bit in the rear and I would love to fix the squat. Ive had the whole setup weighed. I have 2600# on front axle. 2900# on ease axle. And 2510 lbs on the trailer axle. Full load of fuel and me in the truck. And bed loaded with usual camping gear. So I dont think weight on the front axle is enough of an issue to even worry about weight dirtibution hitches even if I could get one for a single pole trailer. But Id like to eliminate the squat. 1. Will these help with the squatting problem. 2. Ive watched the video you have posted several times. It looks like in the video that when the sumo spring compresses when going over a bump that the sumo spring is actually flexing the truck frame. So my question is will these do any damage to the frame of the truck or the plate that contacts the bumpstop?
asked by: Dave P
Installing the Super Springs SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs - Rear Axle # SSR-610-40 referenced in your question on your 2016 Toyota Tacoma will definitely help to level your vehicle and reduce the sag you are getting from your trailer's tongue weight. Once installed, these will also help to absorb bumps and shocks as well as minimize sway when towing your trailer. The springs will compress according to the weight of your cargo, which will help to maintain a smooth ride regardless of the load you are hauling.
The SumoSprings jounce will actually replace the factory bumpstop on your vehicle and will act as shock absorbers to dampen road vibration and bumps when driving. They will not do any damage to the frame of your truck or the plate that the SumoSprings will come into contact with.
I have attached an installation video on a 2007 Toyota Tacoma for you to check out.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Recommended SumoSprings For A 2017 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 3500 Dually Motorhome
- Recommended Rear Suspension Enhancement For Preventing Sway In 2016 Ford F-150 W/ Truck Bed Camper
- How to Minimize 2018 Toyota Tundra Sway While Towing a Heavy Trailer
- Suspension Enhancement for 2020 Toyota Tundra to Help with Ride Quality and Stability
- What is the Height of the SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Springs # SSR-610-40
- Height of SumoSprings Campatible with 2008 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner
- Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2010 Toyota Tundra
- Recommended Suspension Enhancement for 2015 Nissan Frontier Towing 5,000 Pound Travel Trailer
- Option for SumoSprings on a 2016 Tundra with Aftermarket Suspension
- Differences Between SumoSprings Kits For 2020 Toyota Tundra
- Which SumoSpring Kit for 2017 Toyota Tundra
- Rear Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2016 Toyota Tacoma
- SumoSprings Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Tundra Towing 22 ft Camper with Dirt Bikes in Bed
- Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for 2003 Toyota Tundra
- Rear Helper Springs for a 2013 Toyota Tacoma
- How to Pick Out SumoSprings Suspension Enhancement for 2016 Ford F-250
- How Much Clearance Between SumoSprings # SSR-610-40 and Frame on an Unloaded 2015 Toyota Tundra
- Is There Any Advantage in Using SumoSprings With Weight Distribution on a 2016 Toyota Tacoma
- What Rear SumoSprings do You Recommend for My 2021 Toyota Tacoma 4x4?
- Color Choices of # SSR-610-40 Sumo Springs for 2011 Toyota Tundra
- Can the SuperSprings and SumoSprings Be Used Together On a 2007 Toyota Tundra
- Recommendation to Relieve Pressure on Weight Distribution System
- What is the Torque Spec of the Factory U-Bolts on a 2011 Toyota Tacoma
- Which SumoSprings for 2006 Toyota Tundra Towing 4400-lbs Trailer and Carrying 600-lbs ATV in Bed
- Dimensions of Spring Included in SumoSprings Solo Custom Helper Spring Kit SSR-610-40
- Jounce Bumper Suspension Enhancement Recommendation for a 2015 Toyota Tacoma
- SumoSprings Fit for 2017 Toyota Tacoma
- 2004 Toyota Tundra Sumo Springs with RoadActive Suspension
- Best Suspension Enhancement for 2021 Toyota Tundra