bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Cargo Carrier Shank Rise Adapter For Greater Ground Clearance


I purchased a Curt Mfg Model 18151 cargo carrier for my 2013 Ford Transit Connect. It features a STRAIGHT, FOLDING shank that fits my 2-in hitch. What I really need is a BENT angled, FOLDING shank to gain additional ground clearance, similar to the Curt Model 18153 cargo carrier. Is it possible to purchase JUST the bent shank to retrofit my Model 18151? Or, would I have to buy the whole darn Model 18153 cargo carrier? Please, please tell me theres a retrofit part available! Thanx.


Expert Reply:

There is not a replacement shank available for a bent/rise for your Curt Cargo Carrier # C18151 to make it similar to the # C18153. A way for you to get the rise is to use the Curt Dual 2" Receiver Tube Adapter, 8" Extension # D-192, but this will reduce the hitches tongue weight capacity by 50%.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>