bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Connecting 12 Volt Pump to 7-Round Connector on Tractor


Can I wire 12 volt pump into a 7 round plug adapter? I have a 12volt pump that I want to plug into my tractor which has a 7 round female plugin. I want to wire the pump into a a 7 round male adapter so I can plug the pump in and run it from the tractor. its a very small pump with 14 gauge wire with a red and black wire.


Expert Reply:

As long as the 7-round plug on your tractor has 12 volt power, you should be able to wire your 12 volt pump to the connector. You can use a circuit tester like # PTW2993 to test your connector to make sure you have 12 volt power on what should be the center pin location.

You will just run the power wire from your pump to a round 7-way like the Pollak HD # PK11702 and then connect it with the connector on your tractor. If you need additional 14 gauge wire, you can use part # DW07550-1.

expert reply by:
Chris R

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>