How to Install Curt Stabilizing Strap on 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid
How and where do you put a stabilizing strap? Ive got a 2010 Ford Escape Hybrid. Thank you
asked by: Tina
To use the Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap # 18050 with your hitch-mounted accessory on your 2010 Ford Escape, you will first take the strap with the completed loop in it and CAM buckle attached and secure it around the bike carrier post or cargo carrier you are using. Then take the other strap that only has a buckle on it and slide it into the slot above the rear hatch on your Ford Escape. In some cases, you may just need to open the rear hatch in order to get the hook into this gap.
You will then feed the end of the strap that has no buckle on it through the CAM buckle on the bike or cargo carrier and tighten. Once you feed the end of the strap through the buckle, you will just want to pull it tight, pulling towards the front of the vehicle to help remove any wiggle.
I have also attached an installation video on this product that you can use for reference.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Comparing the Performance of the Curt and Draw-Tite Class I Hitches on a 2017 Chevrolet Trax
- Additional Stabilizing Support for Yakima FullTilt Bike Rack
- Using the Curt Support Strap With a Bike Rack on a 2014 Acura RDX
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2013 Chevy Camaro LT
- Should I Use Bike Rack Stabilizing Strap on my Subaru Outback
- How to Avoid Spoiler Contact Using the Support Strap # 18050 on a 2015 Subaru Outback Wagon
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 BMW X1 to Use a 1-1/4 Inch Bike Carrier
- Will Curt Support Strap for Bike Rack Damage Plastic Spoiler on 2018 Subaru Outback
- Why Does Curt Require a Stabilizer Strap But Hidden Hitch Doesn't
- Trailer Hitch and Cargo Carrier for a 2013 Ford Fusion to Carry a Power Wheelchair
- Can the Curt Stabilizer Strap Be Attached Lower to Accommodate Glass Hatchbacks
- Carrying 4 Bikes Through Off-Road Conditions
- Where does Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap 18050 Attach on Platform Bike Racks
- Is Stabilizing Strap Needed For Curt Hitch C13206 or Will Clamp be Okay
- Using a Stability Strap on a Trailer Hitch Mounted Bike Rack
- How do you Connect the Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap to a Platform Style Bike Rack?
- How to Attach Curt Stabilization Strap to a 2016 Toyota Prius V with Rear Spoiler
- Why Does Curt Require Support Straps on their Hitch Receivers
- Hitch Recommendation for a 2012 Lincoln MKX to Carry a Hollywood Rack # HR1400
- How to Determine the Correct Hitch Ball Size for a Trailer Hitch on a 2005 Volvo V70 Wagon
- Does Curt Still Require Using Stabilizing Straps with Their Trailer Hitches
- Is A Stabilization Strap Required to Use a Bike Rack in a Curt Trailer Hitch
- How to Use Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap on Toyota Prius V with Rear Spoiler
- Curt Support Strap Recommendation for Use with Curt Hitch on a 2015 Honda CRV for Bike Rack
- Where to Attach the Curt Support Strap on a 2012 Toyota Highlander
- Best Way to Stabilize Hitch Mount Bike Rack for E-Bike
- Do I Need the Curt Stabilizing Strap on My Class III Curt Hitch?
- How To Use The Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap Part # 18050
- How Does Curt Stabilizer Strap Attach to Platform Swagman XC Bike Rack
- How Many Straps Do I Need to Secure My Yakima Big Horn to My 1993 Honda Accord