bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Recommended 30 Amp Supply To 50 Amp RV Adapter And Surge Protector


I am getting a 2018 Wildcat 262RGX with 50 amp service. I am going to purchase a 50 amp surge protector. It is my understanding that I can get an adapter so that I can use the 50 amp surge protector with 30 amp service. However, I am confused. The adapters I see are 30/50 or 50/30. Which one would I need?


Expert Reply:

For your 2018 Wildcat 262RGX with 50 amp service, I recommend the Camco RV Power Defender Circuit Analyzer Dogbone - 125V - 50 Amp # CAM55313. This will prevent your system from a surge that could hurt your trailer's electrical components. This needs to be run behind your adapter when using a 30 amp service, but can be plugged directly into your power supply when a 50 amp service is available.

For your adapter, I recommend the Power Grip RV Power Maximizer - 50 Amp Female to 15 Amp Male and 30 Amp Male # CAM55025. This will give you 45 amps of power from the power supply. Another great option if you don't want the split cord is the Mighty Cord Dogbone RV Power Cord Adapter - 50 Amp Female to 30 Amp Male - 12" # A10-3050FHVP.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>