Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2013 Subaru Impreza for Use with Thule T2 XTB
I have a 2013 Subaru Impreza, 5 door single exhaust. I would like to add this hitch but want to use my current bike rack, a Thule t2 pro xt, new model. Can you confirm there is clearance from bumper if I use this rack. The new lock pin system on rack has a longer 1 1/4inch bar that Im told wont work on Subaru Oem hitches. Theres apparently not enough clearance from bumper. Will this Draw Tight work. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
asked by: Joe N
Helpful Expert Reply:
When we installed the Draw Tite hitch part # DT24959 on a similar 2015 Subaru Impreza we found that from the hitch pin hole to the outermost portion of the bumper measured 4 inches.
Your Thule Pro XTB T2 TH9035XT has a distance of 7 inches from the center of it's hitch pin hole to the nearest portion of the rack. That would indicate that you'd have plenty of clearance for the bike rack.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Performance Chips and Modules
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Q&A: Will EcoHitch Stealth Trailer Hitch Receiver 306-X7261 Fit 2011 Subaru Impreza W/ Single Exhaust?
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: 1-1/4 Inch EcoHitch InvisiHitch for 2015 Subaru Impreza
- Q&A: Are There Any Ground Clearance Issues When Draw-Tite # DT24959 is Installed on a 2017 Subaru Impreza
- Q&A: Can you Tow with a 2012 Subaru Impreza
- Q&A: Where Do You Measure On a Bike To Find Its Wheelbase Measuerment?
- Q&A: Why Won't Cargo Carrier Shank Fit Into Class I Trailer Hitch On 2019 Subaru Impreza
- Q&A: Replacement Hardware Kit for Draw-Tite Class I Hitch # DT24959
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Article: Routing the Power Wire for a Trailer Wiring Harness
- Article: Trailer Hitch Receiver Sizes
- Article: What Do I Need To Tow A Trailer?