bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Tonneau Cover Option that is Compatible on a 2016 Ram 1500 with a 5-1/2 Bed and the TracRac SR


I need a rack that can be removed/adjusted easily for different sized loads, but also need a secure tonneau. I love the load rating and looks of the TracRac SR, but wanted to see what my options were for tonneau covers that will work with this rack. I know inside mount rolling covers should work, but Im looking for recommendations on hard, secure covers like the BakFlip hard folding covers or similar. Thank you!


Expert Reply:

The TracRac SR Sliding Truck Bed Ladder Rack # TH43003XT-784 that you referenced is a confirmed fit for your 2016 Ram 1500 with a 5-1/2 foot bed without the RamBox. This is a very popular ladder rack because of how adjustable it is.

I do have a great option for a tonneau cover for your 1500, but since the TracRac SR sits slightly over the bed rails on the inside we have yet to find a hard tonneau cover which folds that is compatible with this ladder rack.

The great news is that BAK Industries has the perfect solution. The BAK Revolver X2 # BAK39207, which is confirmed to fit on your Ram with the 5-1/2 foot bed without the RamBox, is a hard tonneau cover that rolls up. It has been confirmed to fit with the TracRac SR and is a tonneau cover that I recommend getting even without the ladder rack. This tonneau cover is tough enough to hold up to 400 lbs of evenly distributed weight and can even secure your gear when your tailgate is locked. It uses locking tabs to secure the cover so the only way to gain access is to pull one of the release cords at the rear of the truck bed on the inside and roll the cover up.

Both the TracRac SR and the BAK Revolver are great stand-alone accessories for your Ram 1500. When combined together they provide you with a sleek look that still lets you get the most out of your truck bed.

I have attached review videos of these products so that you can see them in action.

expert reply by:
Jon G

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>