Can Curt Trailer Hitch Receiver be Bent That Doesnt Quite Fit 2009 Honda CR-V
Hi Guys. I recently purchased the Curt hitch for a Honda CRV. It doesnt fit, I could not get the holes to align. I tried following the directions and then tried not following the directions. All paths failed. The holes are off by about 2 mm. The car has never been in an accident. I dont think I posses the means to bend the hitch metal so that the holes do align. Do you have any suggestions? Should I return it? Take it to a pro to install?
asked by: Nathan K
With trailer hitch receivers that have brackets like the Curt # 13555 receiver that you purchased for your 2009 Honda CR-V, it is not uncommon for those brackets to get slightly bent during the whole shipping process. If you wanted to return it there are chances that the replacement could get slightly bent during the whole shipping and delivering process as well. You should be able to bend it back into place and if need be you can use a mallet to assist you.
You could take it to a pro to install if you wanted to but since it sounds like you are a pretty handy guy I recommend try bending it back into place first. You can do this as long as the hitch doesn't crease or start to flake paint during this process.
I attached a link to our installation video where we installed this hitch on a similar 2009 Honda CR-V as well.
Your answer has been submitted!
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Ball Mount Recommendation for When Rise/Drop Needed is Zero
- Will the Curt Trailer Hitch 13555 Work With An Allen Sports Bike Rack On a 2011 Honda CR-V
- Straight Shank Ball Mount Recommendation For a 1/2 Inch Drop
- Ball Mount Recommendation When 1/2 inch of Drop Is Needed
- Recommended Wiring Harness for 2009 Honda CR-V
- Curt Class III Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2011 Honda CR-V
- What Years Honda CR-V Does Curt Hitch # 13555 Fit
- Class III Trailer Hitch and Towing Accessories for 2006 Honda Ridgeline
- How to Pick Out Correct Ball Mount and 5-way Adapter for a 2015 GMC Acadia with Tow Package
- Hitch, Trailer Wiring and Ball Mount Recommendation for a 2010 Honda CR-V
- Installation Instructions for Curt Trailer Hitch 13555 on a 2011 Honda CR-V
- Class III Trailer Hitch Recommendation for 2007 Honda CR-V to Carry 4-Bike Rack
- Trailer Hitch and Ball Mount for 2007 Honda CR-V
- Is Loc-Tite Required for Installing Curt Trailer Hitch 13555
- Will the Curt # 13555 Trailer Hitch fit a 2012 Honda CR-V
- 2018 Toyota Tacoma Ball Hitch Mount Size
- Hitch Mounting Bolts Wont Start on Curt Class III 13555 on 2007 Honda CR-V
- Capacity of Curt Class III # C13119 Trailer Hitch Versus Capacities of 2012 Honda CR-V
- Determining the Correct Rise or Drop for a Ball Mount
- Trailer Hitch and Wiring for a 2011 Honda CR-V to Tow a Motorcycle on a Trailer
- How to Pick Out Drop Ball Mount for Truck with 6 inch Lift
- Parts Needed to Tow Motorcycle Trailer with 2017 Nissan Sentra
- Can Ball Mount Be Used in Rise as Well As in the Drop Position
- Towing Capacity, Trailer Hitch and Wiring for 2011 Honda CR-V
- Does Curt Hitch 13555 2007 Honda CR-V Well
- Hitch Recommendation for a 2008 Honda CR-V
- Ball Mount with 3 inch Rise for 2011 Kia Sportage
- Recommended Ball Mount for Rise Needed for Grand Caravan and Utility Trailer
- Drill Tap Size for Installing Curt Hitch on 2011 Honda CR-V