How To Use The Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap Part # 18050
Hi, It was recommended to me to purchase a Curt Bike Rack Support Strap by someone in your company. I did, but now I am confused what I am supposed to do with it. The background is that I also purchased a hitch and new bike carrier Hollywood TRS rack. Please let me know what I do with the support strap. Thanks!
asked by: Kathy
The Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap part # 18050 is required to be used with all Curt Class I hitch receivers for all non-towing purposes. As you are using the hitch to secure a bike rack, you will need to use this strap to further support the load and minimize jostling.
In order to install the support strap, you will need to slide the looped end around the upright mast of the bike rack and then pull up and over the arms. You will then need to attach the hook to the vehicle using either the trunk pan or hatch. The integrated cam buckle feature is designed to remove all slack for the line for a tight fit.
This can all be seen in the video I have attached for you.
Your answer has been submitted!
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Comparing the Performance of the Curt and Draw-Tite Class I Hitches on a 2017 Chevrolet Trax
- Additional Stabilizing Support for Yakima FullTilt Bike Rack
- Using the Curt Support Strap With a Bike Rack on a 2014 Acura RDX
- Recommended Trailer Hitch for 2013 Chevy Camaro LT
- Should I Use Bike Rack Stabilizing Strap on my Subaru Outback
- How to Avoid Spoiler Contact Using the Support Strap # 18050 on a 2015 Subaru Outback Wagon
- Trailer Hitch Recommendation for a 2015 BMW X1 to Use a 1-1/4 Inch Bike Carrier
- Will Curt Support Strap for Bike Rack Damage Plastic Spoiler on 2018 Subaru Outback
- Why Does Curt Require a Stabilizer Strap But Hidden Hitch Doesn't
- Trailer Hitch and Cargo Carrier for a 2013 Ford Fusion to Carry a Power Wheelchair
- Can the Curt Stabilizer Strap Be Attached Lower to Accommodate Glass Hatchbacks
- Carrying 4 Bikes Through Off-Road Conditions
- Where does Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap 18050 Attach on Platform Bike Racks
- Is Stabilizing Strap Needed For Curt Hitch C13206 or Will Clamp be Okay
- Using a Stability Strap on a Trailer Hitch Mounted Bike Rack
- How do you Connect the Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap to a Platform Style Bike Rack?
- How to Attach Curt Stabilization Strap to a 2016 Toyota Prius V with Rear Spoiler
- Why Does Curt Require Support Straps on their Hitch Receivers
- Hitch Recommendation for a 2012 Lincoln MKX to Carry a Hollywood Rack # HR1400
- How to Determine the Correct Hitch Ball Size for a Trailer Hitch on a 2005 Volvo V70 Wagon
- Does Curt Still Require Using Stabilizing Straps with Their Trailer Hitches
- Is A Stabilization Strap Required to Use a Bike Rack in a Curt Trailer Hitch
- How to Use Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap on Toyota Prius V with Rear Spoiler
- Curt Support Strap Recommendation for Use with Curt Hitch on a 2015 Honda CRV for Bike Rack
- Where to Attach the Curt Support Strap on a 2012 Toyota Highlander
- Best Way to Stabilize Hitch Mount Bike Rack for E-Bike
- Do I Need the Curt Stabilizing Strap on My Class III Curt Hitch?
- How Does Curt Stabilizer Strap Attach to Platform Swagman XC Bike Rack
- How Many Straps Do I Need to Secure My Yakima Big Horn to My 1993 Honda Accord