Using Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap on Audi A5 Cabriolet Convertible
18050 Can it be used on an Audi A5 Cabriolet convertible ? Where is strap attached on the car?
asked by: David F
The Curt Trailer Hitch Support Strap # 18050 referenced in your question can be used on your Audi A5 Cabriolet Convertible.
There is not a specific place that the strap needs to be attached, as it will be different on every vehicle. For a traditional hanging style bike rack, one end will attach near the top of the upright mast on the rack and the other end can attach to the top lid of the trunk lid on your Audi A5. You may also be able to run the strap through the opening at the top of the trunk lid, when the trunk is open, and then feed the line through a little so that you can close the trunk on it. Once attached to the vehicle, you will simply remove any slack in the strap with the built-in cambuckle.
As long as you have a secure connection at both the hitch-mount accessory and your vehicle, the strap will serve its purpose to provide extra support to the hitch receiver. I have attached a demonstration video that you might find helpful.
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Best Bike Racks for Electric Bikes
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: Rooftop Cargo Carriers
- Q&A: Recommended Lock Cores for Thule Rapid Podium Feet
- Q&A: Can Gen-Y Anti-Rattle Clamp be Installed With Screws on Bottom
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between Class 1 and Class 2 Hitches for the Scion XB
- Q&A: Curt vs. etrailer Trailer Hitch For 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
- Q&A: Troubleshooting Bike Rack Weight Bending Class I Curt Hitch Down
- Q&A: Comparing Hidden Hitch and Stealth Hitches Trailer Hitch Receivers For a Volvo XC90