Recommended Wiring Harness for 2017 Chevrolet Express Van with Tow Package
i have 2017 express cargo van want to use it for small trailors with out a brake for now. my problem has been no one know anything! my trk has a flat 7 wire socket by the spare tire. if i can use that wire i need something to plug into it. thaks
asked by: Andrew
For your 2017 Chevrolet Express Van with a 7-Wire socket already installed at the rear, you will just need the Hopkins 7- and 4-Pole Trailer Connector # HM40975. This will connect directly to the OEM wiring you mentioned to provide both a 7-way and 4-way connector for your trailer.
I have attached a video demonstration on this connector for you to check out.
Featured Help Information
- Article: Brake Controller 7- and 4-Way Installation Kit (ETBC7)
- Article: Trailer Wiring Diagrams
- Article: How to Choose the Right Trailer Hitch Class
- Article: Wiring Trailer Lights with a 7-Way Plug (It's Easier Than You Think)
- Article: Brake Controller Installation: Starting from Scratch
- Article: My Trailer Hitch Doesn't Fit
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a 4-Way and 7-Way Trailer Connector
- Article: How to Measure for Trailer Hitch Drop
- Q&A: What is the Difference Between a Class II and a Class III Hitch?
- Q&A: 2021 Ram ProMaster 1500 Trailer Wiring Recommendation for 4-Way and 7-Way Sockets
- Q&A: Trailer Tow Package Turn Signal Fuse and Relay Locations on a 2010 Ford F-150
- Q&A: Replacing Wired Remote With Wireless Remote For Happijac Electric Jacks
- Q&A: Recommended 5th Wheel Hitch for a 2021 Ram 2500 With RamBoxes
- Q&A: Replacement 7 and 4-Way Recommendation for 2005 Ford F-250