bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

7-Way Trailer Connector for 2011 Toyota Highlander


I just purchased a 2011 Hylander and need to install a 7 pole trailer connector. We plan plan to purchase a Casita camper and they use a 7 pole connector. What do I need?


Expert Reply:

If all you are needing to do is provide lighting functions for the camper (directionals, running lights and brake lights) and if your Highlander already has a 4-pole trailer connector, you will only need a 4-pole to 7-way Adapter, part # 37185.

If you do not already have the 4-pole connector, you will additionally need the T-1 Connector, part # 118449.

If your camper has electric brakes, you will need a brake controller. I would recommend the Tekonsha Prodigy P2, part # 90885. The P2 is our best selling and easiest to use brake controller. To install the controller, we offer a Brake Controller Install Kit, part # ETBC7. The kit contains the 4-pole to 7-way adapter mentioned above, plus all circuit breakers, installation hardware and wire.

We have some excellent resources to assist you with the brake controller install, if necessary. I will link you to some helpful FAQ pages as well as an installation video. The video shows a controller being installed on a different vehicle, but the procedure on your Highlander would be very similar.

expert reply by:
Mike L

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>