bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

How to Wire in Dual 4-pole Vehicle-Side Trailer Connectors on RV


I need a 7 way trailer wiring plug that will provide two 4-flat plugs. Im pulling a Jeep with RV and need to power external trailer lights on rear of Jeep too.


Expert Reply:

There are several ways to have dual 4-pole flat vehicle wiring on your RV, depending on how the RV wiring is set up.

If the RV uses a round U.S. Car connector at the back of its 7-way you could use two of part # 118384 in a daisy-chain set up. This would provide two 4-poles and keep your 7-way active. This is a plug-and-play option.

If you don't mind a bit of cutting and splicing you could tap into the wiring that leads to the RV 7-way and splice in two of an item like # HM48030 using butt connectors like # DW05743-10.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>