bing tracking image
Q & A Icon

Available Products for Sealing RV Sink Drain


I have a 1996 jayco pop up and the sink drain leaks. The gasket between the sink and counter is worn out. Is there a replacement for this?


Expert Reply:

If the sink in your 1996 Jayco pop-up camper trailer is leaking where the drain and sink bottom join together then you can use plumber's putty to re-seal it unless something is actually broken. This material is typically grey in color and can be found at any local hardware store. It remains soft and flexible (it does not dry or cure to a solid condition like a glue or caulk) so it keeps a good seal.

If you also need to seal the sink's outer mounting flange to the countertop you can usually use the same plumber's putty or you could use a clear silicone caulk sealant, also widely available in several colors at your local hardware store. We offer this product in white in a full-size caulk tube # 0160297 and in grey in a smaller size # LT37464.

Some hardware store will also carry small sheets of rubber that can be used for making gaskets by cutting and trimming to size.

expert reply by:

Products Referenced in This Question

Product Page this Question was Asked From

Q & A Icon

Similar Expert Q&A Pages

See More Q&A Expert Answers >>