Will Yakima MightyMounts Work on Rhino Rack Vortex Aero Crossbars?
Hi, I have a question about the Rhino Rack Aero Vortex Crossbars. I'm coming from stock Subaru aero bars and have used the old-style c-shaped might mounts in the past to mount things to the crossbars. Do you carry anything like that for the Vortex bars? I believe those bars are larger, so the mounts that I have will not work.
asked by: Tim
If you have the Yakima Universal MightyMount Adapters, part # Y03590, you are in good shape. The Universal MightyMounts will work with all aero style crossbars that are no more than 4 inches wide or 1-1/2 inches tall. The Vortex bars are just 3-1/8 inches wide and 1-3/16 inches tall, so they will be a good fit.
If you have the Yakima MightyMount 34H or the 39H, part # Y03539, you will need to replace them. These are specifically contoured for smaller factory aero bars and will not work with the Rhino Rack Aero Vortex Crossbars.
I've provided a link to the Rhino Rack Aero Bar roof racks that will work with your 2017 Subaru Impreza. You will need to select the vehicle style to narrow down your choices. I've also included a link to the installation of one of our most popular Rhino Racks for your vehicle.
Your answer has been submitted!
Products Referenced in This Question
- Accessories and Parts
- Roof Rack
more information >
Featured Help Information
Similar Expert Q&A Pages
- Kayak Carrier that Could Fit Yakima Rack and Roll Trailer
- Mounting Hardware for Older Yakima Big PowderHound 3046 to Aero-Style Crossbars
- How to Attach Yakima Buttondown 6 to Factory Crossbars of 2011 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Correct Yakima Mighty Mounts for Use with Yakima HD Crossbars
- Correct Mighty Mounts for Subaru and Toyota Factory Crossbars
- Will the Yakima HullRaiser Kayak Carrier Fit Factory Crossbars on a 2013 Subaru XV Crosstrek
- How To Use Yakima HullyRollers for Round Crossbars On a Toyota Sienna With Aero Crossbars
- 2016 Nissan Frontier Roof Rack and Adapter to Fit With Yakima Saddles
- Will Older Mighty Mounts Work on New JetStream Bars?
- Will Universal Mighty Mounts For Yakima Accessories Work For Mako Saddles And HullyRollers
- Universal Mighty Mounts for Yakima Roof Bike Rack on 2015 Mazda 3
- Will Universal MightyMounts Fit with Mako Saddles on 2008 Toyota Sequoia OEM Roof Rack
- Replacement Yakima Mighty Mounts For Old Ski Rack
- Universal Mighty Mounts Fit to an Older Fat Cat 4 for Installing on a Thule Aeroblade Bars
- Yakima MightyMounts that Can Fit Crossbars that are 3-1/8 inch Wide and 1-1/8 inch Tall
- Adapter to use Yakima Accessories on 2019 Subaru Outback with Factory Roof Rack
- Correct Mighty Mounts For 2016 Ford Explorer
- Adapter Recommendation for Connecting Yakima Button Down to Factory Crossbars
- Converting Old Yakima Round Bar Carriers to Fit Factory Roof Rack on 2016 Toyota RAV4
- Will the Universal MightyMounts Work with Round Crossbars
- Yakima MightyMounts for 2013 Subaru Outback with Mako Saddles and HullyRollers
- How To Use the Yakima Big PowderHound on Factory Crossbars
- Which Yakima MightyMounts Will Fit My 2006 Toyota Sequoia SR5 w/ Factory Roof Rack
- Part Needed to Attach Older Yakima Ski Rack to Square Crossbars
- Mighty Mounts for 2018 Subaru Outback With Factory Crossbars
- Will Universal MightyMounts Allow Me to Use Yakima HullyRoller on 2009 Lexus RX Factory Roof Rack
- Yakima MightyMounts for a 2015 Lexus RX 350 with a Ski Rack
- Adapter Recommendation to Fit Yakima Basketcase On Thule Aeroblade Crossbars